How to optimize Joomla Website Page Titles for SEO
If you are having a site done in Joomla and you want to make it popular, then SEO is must for the site. The first step for SEO is Page Titles of the Website and its Inner Page. Thats called Page Title Optimization in SEO World.
So, the best form of your site title and its pages is this,
PAGE TITLE | SITE TITLE
Like,you can see my website's frontpage,
HOME | Professional Joomla Services & Joomla Tutorials.
For doing this, you can go for some good Joomla Plugins here,
Here is a good checklist for doing Page Title Optimization,
1. Make sure the <TITLE> tag is the first element in the <HEAD> section of your page – this makes it easier to find by Google.
2. Keep your title tags short. Although the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has suggested the lens of the page title to be less than 65 characters, some search engines will only include the first 40 or 50 characters (including spaces) of the page title. So, limiting the page title to 40 characters or less is a good SEO strategy.
3. Each page should have a unique title.
4. Spell check your title tags.
5. Use the best form, plural or singular, for your keywords.
6. Write titles using capitals, like the title of a book.
7. Use a grammatically correct sentence as the title, rather than just a list of keywords.
8. Always try to include the most relevant keyword(s) in the page title. Many engines place a high degree of relevancy on pages that mention a search keyword in the page title.
9. You should not include your company name in the title unless your company name is so well known as to be a keyword. If you must include your company name in the title, put it at the end.
10. Never leave your title tags blank. Having no Page Title on your page can make it practically impossible to find it in any search engine.
11. Limit the number of two-letter words and very common words (known as stop words), such as as, the, and a, because the search engines ignore them.
12. Always add keywords in title tags that reflect the content on your page and always use the most important keywords and leave out less important keywords.
13. If you want, you can repeat the primary keywords once.
14. Try to include your Primary Keyword Phrase in every title of every page.
15. Begin the title of your home page with your Primary Keyword Phrase, followed by your best Secondary Keyword Phrases.
16. Use more specific variations to your Primary Keyword Phrase on your specific product, service, or content pages.
17. Avoid stuffing of keywords in the page title and also in the content. Search engines will definitely ban your site or will not include your webpage in their databases, as such stuffing is considered as keyword spamming.
18. See what other people are doing.
19. Always search Google for similar articles or tutorials. Then see what top ranking pages have done with their title tags. Do not copy their title tags, but you can come away with a few ideas that may help you write your title tags.
20. Don’t be afraid to experiment with title tags and see what works best for your site and search engines. Writing good title tags takes time and will only help your site.
Thanks to Amain